- SUGIHARA Shinji§, Associate Professor
- § Central Institute of Radioisotope Science and Safety Management
- Our group studies on environmental behavior of radionuclides in relation to chemistry and development of analytical procedure for radionuclides in the environment.
Resent Research Topics
- Environmental behavior studies of the radioactive isotope of hydrogen: “Tritium”
- Environmental behavior studies of the radioactivity released into the environment due to the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant accident.
- U-series dating of speleothems in limestone caves.
Annual Ring of Cedar Project in Fukushima
- River water in minamisoma city
2–3 Bq/L at April, 2011
< 1 Bq /L After December 2011
- OBT of pine needle
High concentration just after accident
- OBT of tree ring
OBT in the annual ring holds a record of accident.